|Marine Air Systems will customize a
chilled water system tailored to the specific needs of your vessel.
Our products are the result of listening to our customers, asking
the right questions and determining the proper system for each
vessel. Prior to determining what kind of chiller is best for your
boat we suggest you consider the following:
1. How well is your vessel
- What is the R-value of the
- What colors are the decks and hull?
- Which type of window glass is used?
- Are there overhangs on the deck?
2. What climate will the
vessel be cruising in?
- Tropical or cool, humid or arid?
- Seasonal, Summer and/or Winter?
- Ocean cruising or island hopping?
3. What is the total area to
- Cubic feet of area below the water
- Cubic feet of area above water line
without large windows?
- Cubic feet of area with large
- Any outside covered areas to be air
4. What is the primary usage
and total occupancy of the vessel?
- Is it a private pleasure yacht?
- Will this vessel be used for
- Minimum/maximum number of crew and
5. Are there any specific
power considerations or restrictions?
- What is the current load/capacity
of the generator(s)?
- What is available for shore power?
- 208/230 volts or 380/460 volts?
- 50hertzor60 hertz?
- Single phase or three phase?
6. Will the optional sound
panels be needed for noise reduction?
7. Have you considered a
backup sea water pump?
Now that we have a better idea of your
needs, we would request a layout of your vessel. Marine Air's
qualified personnel will then work with your engineer, project
manager or yard manager to customize the chiller system for your
vessel. In customizing a chilled water system for your vessel we
- The cooling requirements for your
- Which type of heat best suits your
needs; reverse cycle or electric heat.
- Size, type and placement of all air
- Chilled water piping and flexible
- Whether or not a Fresh Air Makeup
unit is required for your vessel.
- Reverse Cycle Heating optional (see
- Electrical resistance cal rod
heating elements are standard.
- Additional heating requirements can
be met with larger capacity elements and/or remote mount heater
Draw Thru? Blow Thru? Slim Line? Flex
- We offer four different styles
depending on your needs.
FRESH AIR MAKE-UP:
- This unit introduces fresh air to
be continually circulated throughout the boat, providing fresh,
healthy air, while eliminating dust, fumes and odors.
- This unit is installed to
de-fog the pilothouse windshield.
For further information,
please contact your Marine Air Systems sales